Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bikram Yoga Challenge: 30 day recap... coming soon!

My friend recently mailed me this card... The kitty is very cute, of course, but wait 'til you see what the inside of the card says.....


"I meditate, I do yoga, I chant... and I still want to SMACK someone!"

LOL!!!!! And before you ask: Yes, my friend specifically pointed out that the card reminded him of me :D

Now, what to make of that... If you know me, you probably know that yes, I do have little patience sometimes. But it actually has improved a lot since I've started practicing Bikram yoga half a year ago. Yes, I still get worked up about stuff at work sometimes, but I have learned to stay calm most of the time and to settle down fairly quickly if I failed to stay calm. I'd call that improvement!

Another thing that has improved BIG TIME is my so called "road rage". I used to get very impatient in heavy traffic (no "rage" involved really, only tenseness an impatience). But, if you live near Detroit and get impatient in heavy traffic... you are going to feel impatient A LOT. Anyway, my road rage has pretty much disappeared. Yay for Bikram Yoga!

I have not put together a 30 day recap yet. I will probably think some more about it and post it later this week!

4 comments:

  1. Du brauchst einen emotionalen Airbag!

    http://www.humorhilftheilen.de/docs/home.php

    Ich hab immer zwei davon bei mir und schon öfter einen weitergegeben :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha die sind genial!

    Ich moechte jedoch bestreiten, dass ich einen "brauche"... mit regelmaessigem Yoga sicher nicht ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, feeling the desire to smack somebody is totally fine :o)

    Like one of the most influential philosophers of our time, Dilbert, says:

    "There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives."

    ReplyDelete
  4. And once again... Dilbert hits the nail on the head!

    ReplyDelete