Tuesday, April 17, 2012

May I introduce: Vitamix!

We have a new friend in the kitchen... the incredible Vitamix!



I have been making Green Smoothies for a while now with a regular blender and while it worked fine, it was a little too time consuming and brought the machine to its limits blending tough greens like kale (just didn't get smooth). After borrowing a Vitamix from a friend a few weeks ago, there was no going back, so when a small windfall came my way, you guessed what I went out to buy...

Now, I haven't tried yet, but I'm pretty sure the Vitamix can blend rocks to a smooth finish. You can make ice cream/sorbet with it. It is also so powerful that I can throw in all ingredients at the same time, blend for 30 secs and the smoothie is done, where with my old blender it was: add ingredients-blend-add ingredients-blend... and so on. Another plus: it holds twice as much (64 oz = 1.9 l) as my old blender. So all in all, it saves me a ton of time AND the smoothies come out much smoother.

I've already made soup and pasta sauce with the Vitamix and it's pretty awesome since it gets even raw carrots super smooth and you can run it for a few minutes and it will even heat up your soup! (Just from the friction of the blades, mind you!)

OK, I'm officially a fan-girl now haha!


PS: Yes, this really is the view from our kitchen window... So beautiful this time of the year!

2 comments:

  1. Cok güzel! Both, the mixer and the view. And YES, I am jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I do feel blessed :)

    I was just thinking of you this week. I really enjoyed the Thailand photos!!

    ReplyDelete