Saturday, December 11, 2010

FC Bayern München : FC St. Pauli


Today I get to go to my first live soccer match! I am uber-lucky, because a) it's taking place in FC Bayern München's gigantic Allianz Arena, b) it should be a very interesting match: FC Bayern München of course is a very successful team, known worldwide... and FC St. Pauli has the most legendary fan base and very different "politics". I will be sitting in St. Pauli's curve with all the crazy St. Pauli "pirates"! St. Pauli's colors are brown and white, so I've painted my nails for the occasion. The sparkly brown is OPI Holiday Glow from their 2009 Christmas collection; the off-white is a very old drugstore polish.

I'll add a pic or two from the Arena later!

EDIT: Just got back from the stadium and I loved it! It was freezing outside and "we" lost, but I had a blast taking in the atmosphere and watching soccer!

During the match... view of the "Südkurve" where FC Bayern München's die-hard fans sit.

FC St. Pauli fans... amazing bunch!!!

FC St. Pauli fan waving the club's flag after the match was over... (they lost...)

No comments:

Post a Comment