Thursday, December 23, 2010

A terrible night and a road trip

This is my passport. It spent last night all packed up in a package checked in to be shipped to the US. Yes, my flight is only ten days from today and I put my passport in the packages I'm shipping. I realized last night after the post office had closed already. Needless to say, it wasn't an easy night. Without this passport I couldn't have boarded my flight and the US doesn't recognize emergency replacement passports for entry. That would have been around 1000 dollars wasted. Well, thanks to a lot of luck and my remembering the fact that it is indeed in the packages, I got to it in time and saved it! A big thank you to my friend who put up with my craziness last night when I wasn't sure if I was gonna be able retrieve it from the post office in time!

So all my packages have been sent off now and I am headed north to my home town for the holidays. Apparently the roads are terrible and it's a six hour ride (with nice weather and no traffic -- yeah right!). Wish me luck :)

2 comments: